PDA

View Full Version : Empty Nest V2

Dave Woeller
09-24-2012, 10:24 AM
A while back I had posted the original black and white version of this IR image. It is IR with a bit of Fractalious applied. One of the comments at the time was that it might look neat with some snowflakes applied. I've finally gotten around to playing with the file again, so I'll ask how does this work with the mini snowstorm. The snowstorm was applied with an action that I picked up online by Dave Seeram. I then brushed in some lighter clouds to add to the wintery feel.

Dennis Bishop
09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
I might've missed the previous posting, but I'm sure glad I didn't miss this one. The snow storm and color are great. They create a wonderful mood. Very nicely done.

Maureen Allen
09-24-2012, 01:24 PM
This is lovely. The snow effect is perfect. :5

Nancy Bell
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
This is fantastic! The muted lines of the trees, the pale clouds and the snow work together perfectly. It's both graphic and soft.

Judy Howle
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Wonderful soft winter colors and I like the light touch on the trees.

Cheryl Slechta
09-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Dave. I remember the B&W and loved it. I like this one equally as well with the addition of snow and clouds. I might soften the cloud on the right just a little bit. (But I don't see clouds in the snow in Florida so if they look like that please disregard that comment:e3)

Diane Miller
09-24-2012, 09:18 PM
What they said!!

denise ippolito
09-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Dave, The Dave Seeram action is the one I like best. The effect is great and adds a nice wintry feel to the scene. Nice work with the Fract. I need to get a camera converted to IR.

Dave Woeller
09-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Thank you everyone. It was fun to play with this action, and I was pleased with the effect. I can see where the cloud on the right might benefit from just a touch of toning down. I still like the straight IR B&W, but this has a whole different feel. Denise, having an IR camera will start you looking at things a whole different way and can be a fun alternative.

Andrew McLachlan
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi Dave, this is fabulous...I love everything about it. Very nicely done!

Bob Miller
09-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Dave...This works very well for me...it creates a nice mood....Agree with toning down the cloud on the right just a bit. You might also consider trying to bring out the snowflakes just a bit more

Dave Woeller
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you Andrew and Bob. Thank goodness for layers. I can go back and adjust the intensity of the snowflakes to see if I like that better. :S3:

Paul Lagasi
09-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Nice composition, simple, effective and the snow effect, rocks, well done