PDA

View Full Version : Gator with sparkles

Judy Howle
09-23-2012, 06:34 PM
This image was made yesterday at Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge, created in camera for the most part. I made the water a little darker by underexposing to try to save the highlights on the gator and tweaked that in Lightroom. The little white things in the water were coming from trees or fuzzy grasses, I really didn't pay attention as it was hot and I just got my pics along with 5 other photographers and left, LOL. I added a little hint of Simplify and Detail. The light was terrible of course, at mid day, but I like it anyway!

Cheryl Slechta
09-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Hey, Judy, I like the little white things:S3: I think I'd crop a little from the bottom and lighten the part of his snout that's under the water just a little bit.

Paul Lagasi
09-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I also like the snow falling :bg3:...(shuddering, just thinking of snow)...I like the idea, nicely done

Judy Howle
09-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks Cheryl! I took your suggestion. Here is a re-do.

Hey, Judy, I like the little white things:S3: I think I'd crop a little from the bottom and lighten the part of his snout that's under the water just a little bit.

Judy Howle
09-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks Paul! Snow would be great, might cool us off! Actually not too bad today but was quite warm in the sun yesterday.

I also like the snow falling :bg3:...(shuddering, just thinking of snow)...I like the idea, nicely done

denise ippolito
09-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Judy, I like the snow too:S3:. The repost does look better. The light did look pretty bright and you made the most of it.

Judy Howle
09-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks Denise! My friend Jane and I were 2 of 4 judges for their amateur photo contest and that took up most of the morning so it was really bright when we got to go make photos.

Andrew McLachlan
09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi Judy, I like the white spots too...they do look like snow flakes falling.