PDA

View Full Version : Morning Lit Willet

Paul Pagano
04-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I shot this over the weekend down at the Saint Johns River.
30D
400 f/5.6L
Av @ f/6.3 1/800s
ISO 320
Pattern Metered at -0.3EV

Arthur Morris
04-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Sharp and lovely light.Perfect head angle and subject to image sensor orientation. Lots of room, however, for improvement: you need more room below for the virtual feet. Try to make most surfside images when the wavelets are non-exsistent; this would give you a cleaner background. Lastly, are those sand piles or a breaking wave in front of the subject L-R-C? IAC, they are distracting.

Harold Davis
04-22-2008, 06:46 PM
beautiful light, paul. i'd like to see a tad more real estate on the botom too. is that some sea foam on the bottom?

Daniel Cadieux
04-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Suggestions for improvement already mentioned. Great warm light, and I like the foot up position.

Paul Pagano
04-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks Artie, Daniel and Harold. You all make excellent observations toward a perfect image. The ugly stuff in the foreground is seafoam. I cloned some out on the right but left the rest as it hides the foot that isn't there. Not yet to the point of being able to reconstruct a foot! I felt the amount of foam I left on the bottom gave some balance to the image instead of just leaving the lump where the foot is.

Gus Cobos
04-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Great image Paul , Like it alot, agree with Harold and Artie about adding more room on the bottom of your frame.. Very nice colors and pleasing soft background...:D