PDA

View Full Version : sunbathing spider

christopher galeski
09-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Took this yesterday,at the back of my house,between 2 plants.dont know the name of the spider yet.cannon macro 100mm is f2.8,cannon 7d,tripod,iso800,f7.1,1/10sec,small crop,sharpened.comments good or bad thanks.

Dave Leroy
09-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Lovely pose and beautiful bg. A really nice photo. Sharp where it needs to be. Perhaps even a bit more sharpening could be applied. Another compositional idea would be the spider a bit lower and to left and still the same size in the frame. Diagonal comp. works well.

Steve Maxson
09-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi Christopher. I love the pose, comp, background, and natural light! You have good sharpness within your DOF - I just wish you had more depth as that would really put this strong image over the top. Looking at your shooting specs, you didn't have a lot of wiggle room to increase your f/stop as you were already at a fairly high ISO (for that camera) and a slow shutter speed. An alternate strategy would be to back a few inches farther away from the spider, which would give you more DOF, - and then crop tighter in pp. Just something to try next time out. :S3: Overall, this is very well done!

Jonathan Ashton
09-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Hi Chris a very clean image - i like it very much. I do wish there was more DOF, did you take any more at a smaller aperture, if the air was still and the spider was still and you used a tripod.....:S3:

christopher galeski
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
thanks everybody for your helpful comments,Jonathan I have some more, I will have a look at them,and see what I can find.:w3