PDA

View Full Version : Not As Colorful As John's

Mike Moats
04-22-2008, 05:33 PM
These aren't as pretty as the one's John has been posting, but what they lack in color they make up in patterns. Fuji S2 Pro, Sigma 180 macro Tripod, F22

Jared Gricoskie
04-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Mike,

I really like the more subtle color. Like much of your work, it has more drama than more colorful shots. I for one am one of those over saturation people, but you insprie me to try other lighting options.

From a critique stand point, the bottom half background of the log is without much detail compared to the rest of the images which makes it feel a little bit unbalanced to me. Just a minor nit.

Robert O'Toole
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Wonderful details Mike. Love the subtle earth tone colors also.

I dont mind the darker FG at all but the image is a little tight in the frame for my preference.

Robert

John Cooper
04-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Wow Mike now you're making me jealous!! Just love the patterns and detail in these Bracket Fungi. Love to have this one in my collection - about the best bracket fungus composition I've seen!!

Mike Moats
04-23-2008, 04:45 AM
Hey John, I usually don't shoot these because their mostly in nasty condition, but I was really happy to find this group as they were perfect looking. My only regret was I didn't do any close-ups of the patterns.:(

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi Mike,
I'm shocked:eek: that you didn't do any closer. As you know......I like the tight crops.........yes ROT.......I am in the minority:D(boy do I take a beating in the birds with my crops).......so this one really works for me.
Perfect,
Roman
PS I like the dark FG......just enough detail.......gives great seperation to the fungus

Kaushik Balakumar
04-23-2008, 06:26 PM
wow, lovely patterns.

John Cooper
04-24-2008, 05:25 AM
Hey John, I usually don't shoot these because their mostly in nasty condition, but I was really happy to find this group as they were perfect looking. My only regret was I didn't do any close-ups of the patterns.:(

Yes Mike gettting in close to those wonderful patterns would've been a real bonus - and you're usually right on the ball with pattern captures :confused: