PDA

View Full Version : Indian Rhino on World Rhino Day

Andreas Liedmann
09-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi folks do not forget the Indian Rhino on this day.
Here is my way to remember them.

Canon EOS 1D MK IIn
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
Beanbag

F 5,6 / 1/180sec / ISO 200 not ideal for this lens combo !!

Processed in RPP + PS cropped to 80% of FF

Cheers Andreas

Giovanni Frescura
09-22-2012, 04:11 PM
The light is fine and the rhino is in good position...well done

Morkel Erasmus
09-22-2012, 04:48 PM
I can't get over how cool and prehistoric the skin contours on these fellows look...:Whoa!:
Sharpness looks good especially considering the settings, Andreas.
Nice exposure and pose.
My eyes are too tired now to pick up any room for improvement...maybe tomorrow :w3

Rachel Hollander
09-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi Andreas - nice to have diversity in the World Rhino Day postings. Always impressed by the color and suit of armor of these Indian rhinos. Nice pose and comp. Maybe a round of NR on the bg?

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew Merwin
09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi Andreas, I like the rhino's raised left leg & the detail its skin. It seems a bit tight for my taste & I agree with Rachel re. noise reduction on the BG.

Steve Kaluski
09-24-2012, 05:08 AM
Hi Andreas, I think based on the techs you did well, but agree on your own critique, it's not ideal. The position in frame is OK I feel, but do agree on the 'grainy' BKG, however any more NR applied and perhaps it will get into the realm of being too smooth? I might be tempted to go a little warmer overall, moving away from the cooler, Blue look IMHO.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys, for leaving comment and suggestions appreciate that .

Just for explanation on PP and where the grain in the BKG is coming from.

Was a lousy and foggy day in combination with that long lens.So the RAW is really flat contrast and color wise.I was fiddeling around getting the detail out of the image. As side effect i lost all the soft look of the original and received some grain due to local contrast enhancement to cut through the haze or better said fog.

I think i try to post a foggy version, maybe later today.

Steve - i think the cooler colors reflect more the situation when i took the picture .

Cheers Andreas