PDA

View Full Version : Yuri (captive)

dankearl
09-22-2012, 01:39 PM
My contribution for World Rhino Day, the only ones I get to see are in Zoo's, unfortunately.
This is Zuri, the current Black Rhino my wife cares for at the Portland Oregon USA, Zoo.
She is only three years old and was brought here to mate with Pete, the male rhino, but unfortunately
he passed away this past February.
The AAZK, has not decided what to do with her, she is going zoo crazy being by herself and my wife is
doing all she can to try to get the zoo to either relocate her as soon as possible or bring in another male.
There is a lot to be done in this country to aid in the breeding and restoration of these animals and
there is not enough resources available at all. They are hard to move, a lot of Zoo's do not have the space
or resources and captive Rhino's are not really the way to go in my opinion. As much as my wife
loves working with them, she would rather see them all go to real reserves where they can live
more normal lives.

1/800, f4.5, 70-200 f2.8, ISO400, D7000, HH

DSC_7605bp.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118710&stc=1&d=1348339084)

Dumay de Boulle
09-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Great looking guy and nice pose and the detail and IQ are excellent...If we dont get the poaching of these animals under control and soon the only we will see them will be in Zoo's...Thanks Dan!

Rachel Hollander
09-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Dan - The low pov and pose work well. IQ looks good and hopefully they get her situation sorted soon. I would prefer a bit more room below but not sure if that was possible.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
09-24-2012, 04:59 AM
Hi Dan, thanks for your contribution, nice looking guy. Good detail, natural colours, well processed. Agree with rachel about a bit more room at the foot of the image.

TFS
Steve