PDA

View Full Version : Summer Flower

Dave Leroy
09-21-2012, 07:23 PM
and dew drops. As I pp'd this one I learned that LR4.1 has a different color space from the develop module and library. It was quire apparent with this flower of yellows and reds. I posted this one as a prophoto rgb to see if it is a problem to view. I have done a preview and it does not appear to be. If so please let me know as I also have the sRGB ready.
5DIII, 100mm macro at f/8.0, ISO400, 1/100, tripod. I cropped and cleaned up a few blemishes.

I am wondering if the sharpening is a bit crunchy? I am still trying to get a feel for that as well.

Steve Maxson
09-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi Dave. I like all the water droplets and the diagonal flow of the comp. The colors look good to me - but then, I didn't see the original flower. :S3: The sharpening is just on the borderline of being crunchy, but it's not bad as presented. Very well done!

Dave Leroy
09-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks Steve. I hope you had good trip. Kenya sounds really exciting.

Jonathan Ashton
09-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Dave I like the composition, I think the sharpening is a little crunchy - what type and radius did you use? I know this sounds a little odd to say, but I do get the impression the colours are not true perhaps a little warm.

christopher galeski
09-24-2012, 02:55 PM
nice one Dave,like the colors and water drops.

Dave Leroy
10-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks Chris and Jonathan. I have been away for a few days and unable to respond.

You are right Jonathan about the colors being a bit warmer than photo'd. I am still getting comfortable with LR 4'1 and trying things out. The sharpening was in PS Smart Sharpen at 80 and .2.