PDA

View Full Version : Glossy Ibis Habitat

Richard Mc Donald
09-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Re-post from Eager To Learn with a ever so slight rotation adjustment and full frame instead of cropped. (Habitat shots aren't conventional here and yes, the Ibis isn't looking at the camera before you ask).

Most post processing in ARC with and a small ammount of sharpening in Photoshop. Bright out of focus feathers on the water removed as well as water dribbling from the beak, same for the beaks reflection.

Canon MKIV + 800L - ISO 800 - f/5.6 - 1/2000 - -1/3 EV - Hand Held

Richard

Don Nelson
09-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Nice colors and background. Good environmental image.
For me, the water's still sloping to the left, based upon the ripple moving outward.
It is a shame the HA is actually away from you. Did you have any frames with the HA toward you?
You mentioned removing water dribbling down from the beak -- sometimes that's interesting in the image; sometimes not....

Jonathan Ashton
09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Lovely colours I like the foreground, despite that I feel there is a little too much also suggest small crop to the right hand side.. Head angle less than perfect but I still get a clear view. Water from beak removed - can't comment in it's absence. The subject is well focussed and detailed.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Wonderful habitat shot. I think the colors AND the foliage frame the image well.
Still looks like it could use a bit of CW rotation (use the ripples as a guide)

Stu Bowie
09-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Hi Richard, I really like the enviroment in this, together with the colours. As mentioned by others, it still needs a CW rotation, and here is my repost to give you a feel on a different comp. I could have still moved the Ibis even more to the right, but still wanted to keep some of the ripples. You can of course start with your RAW file.

christopher galeski
09-22-2012, 03:22 AM
nice one,like this habitat image,nice colors,would have been great with the head turned a bit more towards the lens,thanks.

Satish Ranadive
09-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Excellent image of Ibis habitat.Nice composition.I would cut little bit of the bottom.I also like the repost by Stuart Sir.

Regards,
Satish.

Robert Holguin
09-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Very nice shot. I love the habitat, very nice light and great colors. Stuart's repost is much better.
Well done.

Daniel Cadieux
09-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Stuart's repost is well done with the improved comp. The habitat is very appealing and for that reason the subject in the frame looks very nice here. Great colours, and I love the play between FG / BG. The head angled away is a bit of a bummer though...

Doug Brown
09-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Wonderful sense of habitat Richard. I do agree with Stuart about the rotation of the image. A better head angle would have taken this frame up a notch IMO.

Richard Mc Donald
09-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Hey thanks Stuart for the repost, I had to smile to myself because now, to me, the whole shot is ever so slightly somewhat possibly could be tilted to the right.

For my original post I took the measurement for leveling on the vertical water running from the Ibis's beak

Richard

Hi Richard, I really like the enviroment in this, together with the colours. As mentioned by others, it still needs a CW rotation, and here is my repost to give you a feel on a different comp. I could have still moved the Ibis even more to the right, but still wanted to keep some of the ripples. You can of course start with your RAW file.