PDA

View Full Version : Color

kostas nianiopoulos
09-20-2012, 12:11 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/4369/eu5p5315.jpg
I had to tone down the saturation in this image , in some places in this garden the colors are too strong . The only saturation i have add is
on the little butterfly maybe like 15-20%

Creation date: 17/9/2012 10:10
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X
Focal length: 180 mm
Aperture: F13
Exposure time: 1/200"
ISO speed rating: 200/24°
Program: Manual
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Manual
Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
Bounce Card
On Monopod

Thanks for watching .

Steve Maxson
09-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi Kostas. The pinks of the flowers and those in the OOF background work well together to give the image a pleasing "feel." ( I think you could tone down the greens a bit more - particularly in the lower half of the frame.) Nice sharpness on the butterfly and the main group of flowers. I would suggest cropping about half of the empty space at the top of the frame (that would move the butterfly closer to the ROT position) and perhaps just a bit off the left. Overall, this is very nicely done!

Jonathan Ashton
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi Kostas, this looks very similar to our no longer common, Common Blue butterfly. I would agree taking say just over 1cm from the top would help. I appreciate the colours are vivid, but I get the impression they are still a little too saturated, I appreciate this is probably a difficult file to process, I think there is a red cast on the butterfly. I think it is worthwhile spending some time on this perhaps using differing layers would help in managing the various colours.
I think the pose of the male butterfly is good and I also like the gossamer strands.

Dave Leroy
09-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Very appropriate title. I like how you were able to get the butterfly and flower stem square to the camera. Although the colors are very pretty I think I would desat. or tone them down a bit to make the more delicate butterfly stand out a bit more. I also like a bit from the top.