PDA

View Full Version : SKYY Mini world

Cheryl Slechta
09-19-2012, 08:22 PM
This is a recycled image from several weeks ago - the SKYY bar that I had done a toned HDR image on. I tried the same technique of revealing the center to get a lot of geometric shapes throughout the image. It was really fun brushing out and then brushing back in until I got a combination of shapes I liked. I left an exit at the top center like the Navajo do with their rugs - a spirit string so their spirit can escape from the weaving although mine is more like a spirit highway:S3:

Dennis Bishop
09-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I really like this, Cheryl. It's very dynamic, and the colors work well together. I especially like the color transitions in both the outer diagonals and the circular area. I'm going to have to find out more about the spirit string. I like Navajo weavings but had never heard of that.

Hazel Grant
09-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Reminds me of M C Escher. Nice geometric combination, like Escher's work.....walkways and stairs leading to nowhere, yet somewhere in the imagination. like the tone

Judy Howle
09-19-2012, 10:34 PM
I love the combination of colors and the shapes and patterns are fantastic! A really nice graphic image Cheryl!

Cheryl Slechta
09-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Dennis, thanks for the comments. The navajo tradition is very cool - you'll enjoy reading about it. I should have named it "Stairway to Heaven".

I really like this, Cheryl. It's very dynamic, and the colors work well together. I especially like the color transitions in both the outer diagonals and the circular area. I'm going to have to find out more about the spirit string. I like Navajo weavings but had never heard of that.

Cheryl Slechta
09-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks, Hazel and Judy! I appreciate it - it was fun to do:S3:

Mitch Carucci
09-20-2012, 03:42 PM
This one is wonderful. Great form, and perfect tone. I like the comparison to Escher.

Andrew McLachlan
09-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi Cheryl, I like the way this one turned out...a very cool design in the mini-world!

denise ippolito
09-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Very cool effect and this is one of my all time favorite Mini-worlds. I agree w/ Hazel- it's very Escher like.

Paul Lagasi
09-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Nice Work, kind of draws you in...almost looks like a time tunnel.

Maureen Allen
09-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Love the Escher appearance and the various tones and depth to this. Did you also try a B&W version?

Cheryl Slechta
09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Maureen, I haven't yet but I will:S3:

Love the Escher appearance and the various tones and depth to this. Did you also try a B&W version?