PDA

View Full Version : Hantam Star Circles - REPOST

Andrew Aveley
09-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I enjoy nocturnal landscape photography and when I saw Marks post I felt I could have some input into my style. My main thought process revolves around White balance and 'temperature of light" . Marks image for example was taken in extremely cold conditions during a really harsh cold spell here in South Africa and so I based my workflow on that. I did it in LR 4 , resized and sharpened with LCE in CS 5. I used adjustment brush to remove colour cast on some trees but no major changes through out. Original WB setting 3900 K as shot , my point 2935 k .Anyone who would like the LR4 preset is welcome to email me and I will send it . Again its a personal starting point for me with most cooler night images. I have cropped the image to remove some issues and also cannot remove the pixels of blue and red you may see. The original file is not 100% but its a great attempt. The point of this is to share my vision of the scene

Mark Wiseman
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Andrew,
As previously mentioned, I like the result and would like to thank you for the time and effort you have put in to help me. The image is improved in my opinion.
Thanks for sharing and all the best,
Mark.
:cheers: