PDA

View Full Version : Red Clover

Judy Howle
09-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I thought I'd try out the new Topaz Simplify 4 with this image which is one of my favorites. It's hard to work with because of the busy background and I used several methods to tone it down while retaining vibrant color and detail in the subject so I had layer masks on about 6 layers during the processing.

I like the new Simplify 4! It has many new presets, I think it's over 100, and a lot more control including brightness and contrast etc. I used a new preset but can't remember the name of it, however it was the only one I saw with a man's name in it :e3 If you own Simplify it's a free upgrade. If not, you can download the trial version. I never really liked the implementation of the previous versions that much but I think this one is a lot better!

After Simplify I used Nik Color Efex glamour glow, grad. neutral density, and vignette. I also used 2 Flypaper textures over it and masked the flower and insect. Framed with PhotoFrame.

Cheryl Slechta
09-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Judy, this is a perfect combination of filters and textures! I wouldn't change a thing. I just downloaded Simplify 4 today and it looks like it's going to be fun to use.:S3:

Judy Howle
09-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks Cheryl! I can't wait to see what you do with it and play with it more myself. I had trouble with it when I first installed it and it wouldn't work so i emailed them and they told me to use the installer again and select "repair" and I did and that fixed it.

denise ippolito
09-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reminder to upgrade! Love the effect and the texture overlay. Very nice touch with the border Judy!

Paul Lagasi
09-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Nicely composed image, I haven't downloaded the software yet..soon though. I also like the border and effects...

Judy Howle
09-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks Denise and Paul!

Maureen Allen
09-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Very nicely processed, Judy :S3: