PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Hudsonian Godwit.

Karl Egressy
09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
There was one Hudsonian Godwit at Burlington Bay yesterday morning.
I planned to try to walk out in chest waders to get close.
My photog friend jut emailed me that the bird was gone.
Here is one from two years ago in sweet morning light, in fall plumage.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MarkIV
Canon 500 f 4.0 L IS plus 2.0x Canon TC.
ISO 250
F8.0
1/800 sec.

Jim Crosswell
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I like the pose, lighting and calm water. Nice image Karl.

Melissa Groo
09-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Wonderful image, Karl. Love the pensive mood, the drop of water on the tip of the bill, the golden light. Might need a bit of CCW rotation but not sure.

Grace Scalzo
09-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Wonderful image to have in your files, Karl. My first thought was also about the need for rotation, but after looking, I'm not sure either. The head looks a bit soft, could use another pass of sharpening.

Aidan Briggs
09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Would love to see this bird someday. The light, pose, and exposure are all good. If possible, al ower angle would have been nice.

Keep them coming!

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I also wish to see this bird sometime! I do like tha warm light and pose. Face looks a bit soft for my taste. I would crop a healthy portion on bottom. You probably ment an MK3?

Robert Holguin
09-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Great shot. Very nice soft light, love the water drop at the tip of its bill, nice pose, and agree on the head looking a tad soft.
Well done.

Sanjeevprakash
09-19-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't think that you should feel at loss for not getting the Bird since you have a wonderful shot from the previous years to share.Nice shot here,Karl.TFS

Daniel Cadieux
09-19-2012, 11:30 AM
A beautiful bird still molting some feathers. Nice light and exposure. I agree a bit more sharpening for web couldn't hurt, and I also agree with a bit of CCW rotation and some cropping from below. Love the long slender bill and water accumulating at the tip.

Karl Egressy
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM
A beautiful bird still molting some feathers. Nice light and exposure. I agree a bit more sharpening for web couldn't hurt, and I also agree with a bit of CCW rotation and some cropping from below. Love the long slender bill and water accumulating at the tip.

Thanks Daniel, thank you all.

Here is the improved version; one more round of sharpening and cropping off about 16 mm from the bottom.

Nico Steenberg
09-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Great comp and low shooting angle. Subject is sharp and well exposed