PDA

View Full Version : Many-colored Rush Tyrant (Peru)

Glenn Bartley
09-17-2012, 10:30 AM
These guys have got to be one of the coolest flycatchers in the New World. Just love em!

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Flash: On
ISO: 800
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Munish Kaushik
09-17-2012, 03:01 PM
lovely light there. I love the eye contact and the reflections. Seems like a difficult bird to catch. I would have tried to clone out a few twigs in the background but that just my opinion.

gareth thomson
09-17-2012, 10:51 PM
What an amazing bird. Great colors. Probably one of those flitty types too who doesn't lounge around in one spot very long. uestions: How long did you have to wait to get the capture? Were you on the bank or in the marsh? Why didn't you tone down the twigs in the background? Is it possible to do anything like that? And why put the bird in the center? What would the comp have been like had you given more room on the left? Again, great capture and gorgeous colors. (gt)

Grace Scalzo
09-18-2012, 08:32 AM
I keep doing a browser scroll and would like to suggest a trim from the bottom and the reflection keeps pulling my eye away from the beautiful bird. As a learning experience, I would love to read your answers to Gareth's questions above as I know nothing about this area and this subject.

Robert Holguin
09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Beautiful bird. Great pose and perch, I really like the habitat and I agree with Grace as far as cropping from the bottom.
Well done.