PDA

View Full Version : Water Lily

Jonathan Ashton
09-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro Tripod ISO 400 -0.3 1/250 sec f8 (circular polariser on the lens)
This one of the lilies in may garden pond, they have a had a tough time of it this year with there being so little sunshine, most have remained as buds and never emerged.
All comments welcome.

Andrew Merwin
09-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Jon, I think your exposure is right on the money. I find yellows hard to properly expose & this seems about right to me. One question, are the individual flower petals this smooth? They seem to lack detail. While I like the lily pad itself, I find the stems surrounding the flower distracting. All in all, a pretty image.

Jonathan Ashton
09-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks Andrew, from what I can recall the petals were indeed smooth as seen. The yellows were monitored closely in the raw conversion to prevent over saturation.

Ed Cordes
09-17-2012, 08:55 PM
I think the yellows look good. Our WL have been less dramatic this year as well. I like the simplicity of the image.

Steve Maxson
09-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi Jon. Nice work on the yellows and I like the comp with the flower tilted to the right. The polariser worked well and the other plants in the photo add to the environmental "feel" of the image. Well done!