PDA

View Full Version : sempervivum

Valerio Tarone
09-16-2012, 09:45 AM
im really jealous of those countries plenty of spiny plants. But..also sempervivum have spines.
60 micronikkkor f29 1/16 spot manual focus WB sunlight. N.B. it's very small.
C&C accepted. I hope it's not too small.

Jonathan Ashton
09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Valerio, your image appears to be correctly exposed but it also seems to me to be a little soft. I suspect this may be due to the very small aperture you used. With subjects like this , they are not going anywhere so i would tend to shoot the image at f8 f11 f16 and f22 just to see which one I prefer.
Th image begs a question for me - what part is the main subject? If it is the large central leaf then I would suggest the tip has been cut off. The bits of white detritus do not bother me but I suspect other people may suggest cloning/patching it.

Valerio Tarone
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Valerio, your image appears to be correctly exposed but it also seems to me to be a little soft. I suspect this may be due to the very small aperture you used. With subjects like this , they are not going anywhere so i would tend to shoot the image at f8 f11 f16 and f22 just to see which one I prefer.
Th image begs a question for me - what part is the main subject? If it is the large central leaf then I would suggest the tip has been cut off. The bits of white detritus do not bother me but I suspect other people may suggest cloning/patching it.

Jonathan thank you. In my intentions it's a framework of the crossind leaves. Yes I tried various diagframs, but DOF was a critical issue. Some white detritus are natural.