PDA

View Full Version : Snow Goose - Bosque

Kerry Perkins
09-14-2012, 11:27 PM
One of the tens of thousands of snow geese stopping in New Mexico for a bit. Finding "just one" is sometimes the biggest challenge. :c3: Lens blur applied to the background to add to the natural blur of the shallow DOF. I cleaned up the breast area as it was "dingy" and yellow/green. In my mind, the Bosque frenzy has already begun... I will be there the week before Thanksgiving. Hope to see some of you there.

7D, EF500mm f/4
Manual mode, f/7.1@1/3200, ISO 400 WB 5100K
AI Servo autofocus, HH, no flash

Jonathan Ashton
09-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Beautiful shot, excellent exposure, lovely pose and detail. The background is very unobtrusive, just a personal observation but is it possibly too unobtrusive, I wonder if it may look better without blur. I think the problem for me is you mentioned it and it just leaves me wondering.

Stu Bowie
09-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi Kerry, take sharp, whites look good, and the goose does pop nicely from the BG. I would move the goose a liitle more to the ULC.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Great timing on the capture. Would love to see a bit of a tighter crop.

Karl Egressy
09-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Nice pose, perfect exposure on the white asnd lovely background, Kerry. I would follow Stuart's advice on moving the object in the frame.

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-15-2012, 09:27 PM
I also like the light, nice job on blurring the BG an extra tad. I find the composition too centered for my taste and may be too much room around.

Shawn Zierman
09-16-2012, 01:25 AM
The subject is isolated very well here and really pops against that background.
Very sharp details too. I like the background colors and transitions in tonality,
but in this case, even if you had not disclosed blurring the background, I would have
asked, because it looks artificial and not like natural bokeh.

Marina Scarr
09-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Lovely pose, BG & light. Would like to see the goose moved slightly up and left.