PDA

View Full Version : More Kestrel in flight.

Amol Khedgikar
09-14-2012, 09:11 PM
One more Kestrel image.

REbel XTi, 100-400 @ 400, 5.6, ISO 200, 1/800, TV mode (I dont know how may be the dial slipped to TV and I didnt notice before clicking). Sharpening action provided here used.

Larger crop than I would have liked. Made from a car window , waited almost a full hour on a chilly morning.

C&C requested, welcome and appreciated.

Amol

Grace Scalzo
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Amol, These are such tricky birds, at least by us, they are skittish. You did well to get one in the frame. I agree with you that the crop is causing you to loose details and I'm not crazy about the position of the bird in the frame. You've got alot of empty space above and to the right which isn't adding much. If I were you I'd spend more time at your spot and keep working these beautiful birds.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Such a great pose and head turn but looks like the ha caused a little shadowing on the eye area. I agree about the crop too and think Grace has a great point.

Stu Bowie
09-15-2012, 04:56 AM
Hi Amol, well timed for the take off, and with good eye contact. I agree, the large crop hasnt helped, but you could try lightening the eye. The BG looks good, but there is too much of it. I would take a lot off the top, and a bit off the right.

I fixed your title for you. :w3

Miguel Palaviccini
09-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Nice timing on the capture. I would take a bit off the top to elongate the aspect ratio.

Karl Egressy
09-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Great timing. Love the head turn.

arash_hazeghi
09-15-2012, 12:24 PM
very nice, this is a tough one to get. like the look back and take off pose, it's a shame the IQ is not great and wish there was more light on the eye. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
09-15-2012, 07:55 PM
You got a nice take-off pose, HA, colours, BG...but I agree with too much canvas above and the need for either a catchlight or more prominent reflection in the eye. I find that the dial on my 7D is easy to inadverdently switch around so I've come to make the habit of checking it habituallly, especially at the beginning of a session...

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Such nice raptor! great head turn towards you and nice perch too. I wish for better IQ but I know that this one comes after a large crop so it must be the culprit.