PDA

View Full Version : HDR Dome

Cheryl Slechta
09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm not through with my St. Augustine images yet:eek3: But I did go to Kanapaha Gardens today so I'll be through with them soon and moving on to garden shots. This was a 3 image HDR tone mapped in Photomatix Pro. Flagler College in St. Augustine used to be a grand hotel built by Henry Flagler. This is the dome in the foyer of the main campus building - the only room that you are allowed access to for photography (and only if you are an amateur).
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Dennis Bishop
09-14-2012, 04:07 PM
It's a beautiful subject, and you framed it nicely. I wonder, though, if more exposures would've given less clipping of the highlights.

Cheryl Slechta
09-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi, Dennis, I went back to the Tiff and there isn't any clipping. I wonder if just the compression would have done it? I didn't do any sharpening, etc. - this was right out of Photomatix.

It's a beautiful subject, and you framed it nicely. I wonder, though, if more exposures would've given less clipping of the highlights.

Mitch Carucci
09-15-2012, 12:09 PM
The lighting is perfect, but what I really like is the dynamic perspective!

Maureen Allen
09-15-2012, 01:53 PM
This is a beautiful image, Cheryl. I think it needs a tiny CCW rotation and the smallest of crops on the LHS. Also, there are a few bright green marks in the image (something awful Photomatix did, I think) that I would clone out. I might also tone down the highlights just a little.

Nancy Bell
09-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Love the gold tones & details. The perspective is awesome focusing on the circles & curves in the ceiling. The small bright points of the lower center light is just a tiny bit distracting

Indranil Sircar
09-16-2012, 10:19 PM
This is gorgeous, Cheryl. I too love the golden tones and details. Very nice perspective... nicely processed!

Paul Lagasi
09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
I have always been a fan of church ceilings, lovely symetry and colors, I agree with Mitch the perspective rocks..well done

denise ippolito
09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Cheryl, Great composition and well processed. Easy clean up for the green spots. I agree regarding some of the highlights but you did a great job with this one!