PDA

View Full Version : Rhino-as never seen before

BenBotha
09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
The quality of the image not fantastic or very flattering, but I have never seen a Rhino taking a mud bath and landing on its back. The baby was in the mud behind her and she rolled over twice, every time on the baby that jumped up. The third time she did this the baby got quite annoyed and ran away. This was one of those experiences I will never forget.

Canon 7d
Canon 500 F4
F 5.6
Iso 320
1/200

Steve Uffman
09-14-2012, 07:47 PM
now I have not seen that before...always enjoy behavioral images..could have had an improved head angle though:bg3:

Robert Amoruso
09-14-2012, 11:37 PM
The is pretty cool Ben and I like you can see the horn. I would crop at least 1/2 of the upper bright grass out to better accentuate the rhino.

Steve Kaluski
09-15-2012, 05:38 AM
Hi Ben, not the most flattering of angles for this animal, however nice to see this one enjoying itself. Agree with Roberts suggest.

Nice to see you posting, would welcome your thoughts on others who post too, always nice to share thoughts/advice.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
09-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi Ben - fun behavior and good suggestions above. I would also consider opening up the midtones a bit with a levels adjustment, you can extract some more detail particularly in the shadow areas. I also might drop the blues in the shadows slightly.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Great behaviour here Ben, that I have not seen before (rolling entirely over, as you mentioned).
Good crop suggestion by Robert, might also extract some more detail from the shadow/dark areas as mentioned.
TFS :5

Marina Scarr
09-18-2012, 10:17 AM
What great behavior you captured here, and I find the light quite effective here. I like the textures and details. Agree on trying more of a pano crop from the top.