PDA

View Full Version : BLINK

Steve Bein
09-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I have not been very active lately, just too busy with other things,however.......... In the recent months a hummingbird has been visiting a twig perch just outside the computer room. I set up my 500mm with doubler and extension tube to be able to focus and got a lot of images. Many just bird on a stick, but details of the eyelash feathers were amazing. Here is one of the stretching images and the Allens Hummer blinked as I shot.
One of the better ones than just a bird on a stick. The busy background is the bottle brush tree "jungle" within which the sort of protected perch resides. No manipulation of the background,though it is tempting.
1V MK IV
500 IS, doublerMK II, 25mm extension tube
1/200 sec, f/9
Mode: Manual
ISO: 250
Flash: On

Miguel Palaviccini
09-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Steve, very interesting capture! Everything on the hummnigbird looks great, but I would consider some background manipulation, as you called it.

Aidan Briggs
09-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Nice pose and use of flash. Good exposure. Some more room in front wold help if you have it. You can't really do much about the BG when the bird is nestled deep in a tree like this.

Keep them coming!

gail bisson
09-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Very unusual look at this hummer.
I too, love the eyelid. Very cool.
BG is busy but compliments the hummer,
Gail

Karl Egressy
09-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Funny and nice at the same time, Steve.

Marina Scarr
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
The colors complement each other well here. The pose is unique with lovely colors and good sharpness where it matters.