PDA

View Full Version : Eastern State Penitentiary

denise ippolito
09-12-2012, 07:45 AM
3 image HDR capture processed in Photomatix with a texture overlay applied. I have debated the lighter window pane-but chose to keep it-any thoughts?

Dennis Bishop
09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
I love the composition, the colors, the texture -- both real and applied. The look is so right for the subject, too.

The lighter window pane ... I assume you mean the upper right corner one being light relative to the other three. Absolutely, positively, yes. It should be that way. For me, at least, it's part of a story. The three other panes, which importantly show part of the prison, match the rest of the scene inside the door. And the lives of the inmates, there. I'm not sure if the lightest pane doesn't show a prison wall, or not, but that probably doesn't matter. For those who committed a crime, that light represents what might have been had they lived a different life. For the unfortunate souls who might have been mistakenly convicted, it represents hope. It shows what's figuratively outside the door.

Nancy Bell
09-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Fantastic textures, details and colors. I really like how you captured the frame of the distant door within the frame of the foreground door. I was unsure about that light window pane and then I read Dennis' interpretation and now totally agree with him.

Maureen Allen
09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Wonderfully processed, Denise. I love the 'crackly' paint. I agree with Dennis - I'd keep the window pane as it is.

Indranil Sircar
09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I too love the texture and the perspective. Excellent processing and I would leave the window as it is.

Cheryl Slechta
09-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Denise, I love the look and totally agree with Dennis' insightful analysis.:S3:

denise ippolito
09-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks folks, I appreciate the comments and thoughts!:S3:

Paul Lagasi
09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Nice image..love the HDR result, the lit pane does draw our eye to the door and centre of image...well done.

Bob Miller
09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
HI Denise ! ..........I am loving the way the texture you applied is bringing this image to life for me. If i remember right that distant door with the curved arch is the door to the chapel....so for me the extra light in that window pane makes sense...also i feel it adds some depth to the image.

denise ippolito
09-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks Paul and Bob! Bob, when you walk through that arched door and turn left you enter the Chaplin's office which is where we were treated to some private area photography-so you are right :S3:

Michael Zajac
09-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Great picture, I like the colors and the texture.

Andrew McLachlan
09-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi Denise, this one is perfect as is. I would not change a thing. The windows should be that way as Dennis said earlier. Love it!