PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Tea!

Indranil Sircar
09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I was recently in Portland, OR and visited the wonderful Rose Garden. Here is one of the Roses (didn't capture the name). Settings were -

5DMIII + EF 100mm 2.8L
1/640 sec, f/16 Mode: Manual ISO: 1600

Any comments and feedback will be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

bhavya joshi
09-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Beautiful Rose... Colors looks nice, Some Breathing space at Left and Right Would be Good.. For Composition.. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
09-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Gorgeous rose and super exposure, focus and sharpening. The dark surroundings work for me my only reservation is that the stem is not at all visible, this does not usually matter but somehow the rose seems to be there but how is it supported? This may not bother most people but for some strange reason I left wondering what is supporting the rose head.

Indranil Sircar
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Beautiful Rose... Colors looks nice, Some Breathing space at Left and Right Would be Good.. For Composition.. TFS

Thank you Bhavya; I appreciate it!

Indranil Sircar
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Gorgeous rose and super exposure, focus and sharpening. The dark surroundings work for me my only reservation is that the stem is not at all visible, this does not usually matter but somehow the rose seems to be there but how is it supported? This may not bother most people but for some strange reason I left wondering what is supporting the rose head.

Thank you Jonathan, I appreciate it! It does make a lot of sense to show the stem... here is a repost...

Bob Miller
09-13-2012, 12:21 PM
HI Indranil.....You have some lovely pastel colors here.You might consider adding some more canvas to the right and left and then toning down those bright spots at the bottom and on the left side. I also would crop some from the top to bring the eye down into the rose.

Ed Cordes
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM

I agree RE the "breathing space". I love the colors.

Jonathan Ashton
09-18-2012, 03:25 AM
Indranil, I like the repost better, and having read the comments about a little more breathing space and lowing one or two highlights I think you have some very good pointers. I am looking forward to more of your images. I wish I could get such nice clean images at ISO 1600 with my 7D!!