PDA

View Full Version : Zambezi Nightscape

Morkel Erasmus
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Standing in the middle of a dark Nyamepi campsite in Mana Pools National Park (Zimbabwe) at night is a little daunting given that anything can come at you at any time (including lions, elephants, hippo and buffalo)...but I couldn't let this opportunity pass.

This is the view downstream over the Zambezi river. Our campsite was just to the right of the tree. The mountains across the river are in Zambia. I lit the foreground with an LED Lenser torch. Don't you just love the African starry expanse? :tinysmile_shy_t:

Techs:
Nikon D3s with Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8
f2.8 @ 25s @ ISO-3200

Mark Wiseman
09-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi Morkel,
A beautiful image and the foreground and trees are wonderfully lit together with the milky way.
Thanks for sharing and best wishes,
Mark.

Morkel Erasmus
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks Mark and Peter.
I really wanted to have the river in the shot with the stars "sort-of" reflected in it, so I'll keep the bottom :w3

Harshad Barve
09-14-2012, 02:27 AM
This is killer image
TFS

Andrew Aveley
09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Nice one Morkman. For me , composition is really cool , the focus on the trees here is a little distracting for me with BG appearing soft. It is a magic experience and this reflectioin is a shot I have been working on down here at the coast but the air is not clear enough to allow for sucess. Maybe also drop the magenta or reds in the sky a touch.just my 2 cents worth :) TFS

Rachel Hollander
09-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Morkel - I love the Milky Way but wish there was something that augmented the reflection a bit (ripples, a bit more light, more of the tree reflected). At first look I did not realize it was a reflection.

TFS,
Rachel