PDA

View Full Version : Etosha Sunset

Kiran Khanzode
09-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Back from Namibia...

This image was taken long after the sun had set at the Okaukuejo waterhole. I saw the Giraffe reflections in the evening twilight...

In PP, the canvas has been flipped, image has been cropped to pano.

EOS 5D mk3, Canon 70-300 L IS, ISO 400, on tripod with remote trigger.

Hope you all have been doing well, I haven't been around the forums much for the past few months...
:S3:

Regards,
Kiran

Morkel Erasmus
09-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Good to see you posting again Kiran...:5
Can you believe I have not been to Etosha yet? Busy planning though...
Love your thinking here, something different and moody and it came together well, I actually like that the reflections are slightly rippled to show you that you're not looking at mere silhouettes.

The dark earth framing top and bottom is also nice, though I'm not sure if my eye wants to see a tad more of it?
Overall, lovely work! :cheers:

Rachel Hollander
09-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Kiran - very different and effective. Well thought out and done. I do think a bit more room below would enhance it.

TFS,
Rachel

Dumay de Boulle
09-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Nicely seen and I like the ripples. I would like to see the one with the Giraffe & the reflections if you have it...Nicely designed

Steve Kaluski
09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Kiran, certainly different and nice thinking outside the box. I too would prefer a hit more black at the foot of the image to balance top & bottom.

Would also like to see the image bigger to appreciate it more and the © text less dominant, as I get the impression it's more of a poster now with the text than an image, if you know what I mean.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi Kiran,
nicely seen and photographed, would go with others for more room on bottom and top.
Surprised that nobody talked about that fringe or halo on the top waters edge.

TFS Andreas

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Pretty cool imae. The colors are great and the ripples let you know it is a reflection although at first I wan't sure what I was looking at. I thought it was heat haze

vikram potdar
09-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi, Kiran
This is nicely observed, imagined and executed. Well done!