PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Fox mother and cub.

Ignacio Yufera
09-10-2012, 12:25 PM
A mom and her playful cub, part of a family with seven cubs near Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, last July. I'm not entirely sure as to how to crop this image.

Canon 1D MkIV, Canon 800 f/5.6, 1/800 @ f/7.1, ISO 500

Rachel Hollander
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi Ignacio - those eyes are piercing and beautiful. Nice playful moment and well captured. I think the comp is fine as is but as an alternative, if you are not opposed to more square crops, then you can take a little off each side. I would leave the top and bottom as is. Nice detail but the mom looks a little oversharpened to me.

TFS,
Rachel

Jamie Douglas
09-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I like how the mum is watching you while the little guy is oblivious and playful. You can almost feel from the image that a moment later she snapped at the kit to make sure it stopped playing until she determined if you were a predator or not. A shame that our presence at times makes wildlife nervous but mums will be mums.

Sweet light and I hope to venture out that way myself sometime in the next year or so.

TFS

Jamie</SPAN>
</SPAN>

Morkel Erasmus
09-11-2012, 07:58 AM
lovely moment in good light here Ignacio...
I might be tempted to open up shadow detail just a fraction?
:5

Steve Kaluski
09-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Ignacio, I like the interaction, but agree with Morkel about opening the shadow areas up. Think you could loose a little off the RHS too.

TFS
Steve

Gen Benjamin
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Beautiful image, great interaction, tack sharp and lovely light. I also think the crop is fine as is but if you have a bit more room I would be inclined to give it some.
Gen