PDA

View Full Version : The kestrels are back

Amol Khedgikar
09-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I love Shooting birds of prey. Kestrels are my favorite among the smaller falcons. They are back in my area although I havent had an opportunity to out and shoot them this year as they have started coming back. This one is from last year. Some how I had forgotten about this image.

here is welcoming them this year with this image. I hope I get better shots than this.

7D 100-400 @375, 1/2000, 7.1 Manual exposure. A very small length of wingtips added to the right wing. canvas added to the right and top.

Self critique- Would have loved the eye as sharp as the tail. Would Have preferred the bird flew away in the opposite direction so the sunlight would light up the ventral body...and blah blah blah

C&C welcome requested and appreciated.

PS please feel free to edit and post better versions if you think this one needs more help.

Ian Cassell
09-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Amol, She's a beautiful bird with gorgeous fan-tail and nice composition. I think the whites on her head and her left shoulder might be a little burnt.

William Giokas
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Excellent Bird in Flight shot. Bill

Satish Ranadive
09-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Magnificent flight shot.I like the wing position and tail feathers.

Regards,
Satish.

Amol Khedgikar
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks Ian, Bill, Satish

[QUOTE=. I think the whites on her head and her left shoulder might be a little burnt.[/QUOTE]

They Are not burnt Ian, I checked again. May have gotten a little hot during the contrast adjustment. I will try to pull back some.

Is the eye sharpness acceptable?

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I especially like the open wings and head angle. I wish for a less harsh light and more natural catch light. Sky colour looks pretty good to my taste and underwing details are good too, keep them coming.

Amol Khedgikar
09-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks Juan,

The catch light is natural I did not manipulate anything on only the bird other than the right wing tip. I wish there was more to work with on the catch light.

Ian Cassell
09-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Is the eye sharpness acceptable? Looks good to me!

christopher galeski
09-10-2012, 03:19 AM
nice flight pose,some nice detail,may sharpen the beak and front of head if mine.thanks.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I agree about having the eyes a bit sharper than the tail, but what you got was a great pose! I'm a fan of the outstretched wings and the backlight that brings out the nice feather detail.

arash_hazeghi
09-14-2012, 03:16 PM
I like the fanned tail and nice pose, I wish the light was less harsh here