PDA

View Full Version : Food Fight - Bald vs Big Blue

Jim Neiger
09-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Osceola County, FL - 1d4, 500mm, 1/2000, F6.3, ISO 800, manual exposure, handheld from boat

This Great Blue Heron had just captured a large fish when this Bald Eagle tried to mug him and steal his fish. The GBH dropped the fish and defended himself. The fish isn't visible in the image and I think it got away.

Thanks for looking. I hope you like it.

Sanjeevprakash
09-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Wow Jim.You captured a fierce moment here.The Bald Eagle looks very dominant.Lovely.TFS

Diane Miller
09-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Spectacular! I'd have bet that the eagle might eat the heron as a consolation prize. It looks like quite a weapon.

Grace Scalzo
09-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Jim, Good to see you back, missed your fantastic work. This is dramatic, superb action. With all that's going on in this image, I think that trimming from the right, and then from the bottom to balance would lead to a more focused feel to the viewer. What do you think?

Jim Neiger
09-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Jim, Good to see you back, missed your fantastic work. This is dramatic, superb action. With all that's going on in this image, I think that trimming from the right, and then from the bottom to balance would lead to a more focused feel to the viewer. What do you think?

I'm ok with trimming from the right, but trimming from the bottom would cut off the heron's unseen legs and feet.

Marina Scarr
09-08-2012, 05:59 PM
What spectacular action/behavior you captured here, Jim. Agree with Grace on the space to the right. I tired a little off top and bottom and more from the right. Felt lit looked pretty good. Either way, a super moment and story you have captured with this one.

Arthur Morris
09-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Wicked and spectacular. Maybe a bit off the bottom. Good to see the heron standing up (or down) for itself....

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Perfect angle you had for this capture. Great action

gail bisson
09-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi Jim,
Really nice to see you posting!
You captured a terrific moment here and I agree with more off the right.
Nice and sharp. There is a bright white spot between the birds right wing and body( or armpit) that I would burn.
Gail