PDA

View Full Version : Theme Red-necked Phalarope

Dave Leroy
09-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks to my son-in law I got out to see this one at local sanctuary yesterday. Rotated and cropped. 5DIII, 500mm +1.4 TC, ISO400, F/6.3, 1/1000, tripod

Alan Murphy
09-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Love the water color. Light looks a little harsh. The water circles makes me want to see this more centered.

Karl Egressy
09-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Nice bird, details and pose. Love the water and honestly, I wish it were mine. (Rare bird around here)

gail bisson
09-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi Dave,
Lucky you to see this guy!
The light is harsh but still a keeper.
I would crop from the bottom on this one as I find the long white reflection draws the eye down. I would also center the the wake if you have more canvas on the left.
Gail

arash_hazeghi
09-07-2012, 03:34 AM
nice low angle, pose and exposure. I like the green water but would crop from the bottom as suggested above.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM
The green really helps bring the bird out. I'm going to agree with Alan about the more centered crop so that we can see the edges of the ripples. Also think it might be able to use a bit more CW rotation.

Dave Leroy
09-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone for helpful suggestions. I am not so sure about the harsh light as I had a look at other close by postings and compared camera settings. I am more suspect of pp'n skills. I will take time to redo and incorporate the suggestions.

Shawn Zierman
09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Great bird captured in beautiful water color. The water movement is also a nice feature to have.
The subject would look better with a more centered comp and a bit lower in the frame.
The details look a bit crunchy, if you back off on the sharpening a bit, it may yield a nice improvement
in the overall success of the image (for web posting).

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I just got to see this wonderful species last week!
I baptised this one ''patito'' since I didn't know its actual name, when I got back to the car I found my book and got very exited about this new species and how nice they are, I even made a few shots of it but nothing close to yours.
Lovely bird, very nice green water and IQ.

Dave Leroy
09-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks Shawn and Juan. Boy I would love to see one in full breeding plumage. Thanks for the comments.