PDA

View Full Version : Little River

Jay Sheinfield
09-06-2012, 07:30 AM
From a recent trip to the Smoky's. Processed with Simplify and Tonal Contrast. Brushed in Liquefy-type filter for painterly effect. Comments welcome...............

Cheryl Slechta
09-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Jay, your images always have the most beautiful lighting and this one is no exception. I love the lighting on the moss-covered rocks. I might de-emphasize the 2 straight tree trunks in the very center of the forest - they seem to divide the image and draw my eye to them instead of the lovely leaning trees on either side. But that is a very minor nit and is just my opinion. I love it just the way it is.

Jay Sheinfield
09-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Good feedback..............how's this

Judy Howle
09-06-2012, 08:16 AM
The repost looks great! I love the lighting!! And the smooth water looks good.

denise ippolito
09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Jay, this is lovely! I think the lighting and filtering combine to give the image a nice dramatic feel. I am on the edge regarding the wave curl on the right edge, the dark area keeps catching my eye- I might lighten that area if it were mine.

Cheryl Slechta
09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi, Jay, I like the repost better:S3:

Dennis Bishop
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I very much like the scene, the lighting, and your composition. There are so many elements in the image that it's hard to make any changes without compromising something else. However, even though I like the drama the dark trees on the two edges provide, I wondered what would happen if the shadows, there, were opened a bit.

I duplicated the layer; played with the Shadows/Highlights adjustment; masked off everything but the trees, the three greenish boulders in the upper part of the right side, and the dark region Denise mentioned in the lower right; and reduced the opacity. (I also spot healed the dark horizontal element in the highlighted trees to reduce the distraction.) It probably didn't affect the lower right enough, but I like the added detail in the trees and the three boulders.

Jay Sheinfield
09-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Dennis.........I appreciate the feedback, it is another view, and I like it also, but with a slight preference to the drama of the OP. Maybe somewhere in between the two ;).