PDA

View Full Version : Scaly breasted munia | The doubter

Hayath Mohammed
09-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Been a while on this forum, here's one for a comeback :)

This munia came close after more than an hour of waiting in the hide...and yet remained inquisitive and doubtful to an extent
The sunlight on the fields in the BG provided for that dash of green
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-C9IvuhbtDYI/UEESvrFONyI/AAAAAAAAVGA/NM6pHmJ0zEc/s850/IMG_2030.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 150-500 @ 500mm, ISO 1250, 1/250, f8

Made use of an article/review I had read about Canons performing better at multiples of "160" in terms of noise...and this certainly seems the case.

C&C sought

Cheers,
Hayath

gail bisson
09-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Hi Hayath,
The BG makes this shot really special.
Love the composition and IQ.
I find your thick black border a bit overwhelming and it draws the eye away from the lovely bird.

Mark Itol
09-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Excellent detail and nice BG. Interesting to see the rich chestnut colors on the bird; the ones we have in our islands are paler.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Great detail throughout. Love the simplicity of the single perch. The eye seems a bit over-sharpened on my monitor, just by a tad

Stu Bowie
09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi Hayath, I like the various colours around the head and neck, together with the detail on the chest. The thin perch works well, and although the placement is spot on for the comp, I can see this as a vertical too.

Frank Schauf
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Beautiful portrait, great details and sharpness.

Daniel Cadieux
09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Neat bird, and I like the inquisitive look it is giving you. Beautiful BG, nice thin perch. Sharp, and I like the rich colours on the subject. I like the comp as is but would like to see more room around the subject.

Robert Holguin
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Very nice shot. I really like the background and the perch. Great pose and comp.
Well done.

Hayath Mohammed
09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi Hayath,
The BG makes this shot really special.
Love the composition and IQ.
I find your thick black border a bit overwhelming and it draws the eye away from the lovely bird.
Thank you Gail :) The BG was pretty dreamy and the sunlight just brought the right amount of brightness on the greens.
The border is something I seem to quite like..perhaps just a stage in the progression. I may grow out of it :)

Excellent detail and nice BG. Interesting to see the rich chestnut colors on the bird; the ones we have in our islands are paler.
Thank you Mark, it's always a pleasure to share on fora and compare notes. Do you have an image of the ones you see?

Great detail throughout. Love the simplicity of the single perch. The eye seems a bit over-sharpened on my monitor, just by a tad
Thank you Michael. Odd you mention that, a friend of mine actually said the eye seemed less than sharp on his :)

Hi Hayath, I like the various colours around the head and neck, together with the detail on the chest. The thin perch works well, and although the placement is spot on for the comp, I can see this as a vertical too.
Thank you Stuart. This little hyperactive bird gave me just this shot and it was gone. I agree that a vertical would've made better impact, a crop from this might appear bit too "tight"

Beautiful portrait, great details and sharpness.
Thank you Frank!

Neat bird, and I like the inquisitive look it is giving you. Beautiful BG, nice thin perch. Sharp, and I like the rich colours on the subject. I like the comp as is but would like to see more room around the subject.
Thank you Daniel. Yes, a little more space around would've been nice. I guess I got carried way and used the maximum reach possible at such a close distance.

Very nice shot. I really like the background and the perch. Great pose and comp.
Well done.
Thank you Robert, the BG did make this special :)

Cheers,
Hayath