PDA

View Full Version : Black-throated Blue Warbler

Glenn Bartley
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Here's another one from this past spring in Ontario that I hope you will enjoy. Cheers!

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/80 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Flash: On
ISO: 800
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Dan Behm
09-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Excellent Glenn, A very tough Warbler to get closed to and never leaves the confines of the forest, Your shooting skills in shooting in low light conditions really paid off here as well as the use of fill flash. Excellent image, One I hope to add to my files next spring. Congratulations!

Satish Ranadive
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Fabulous image.
I like the composition with green leaves and black border.Love the nice inquisitive pose,colors and details.

Regards,
Satish.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Very nice posture on the bird. Couldn't have asked for anything better in that regard. I think the leaves frame him well. I would consider a bit of NR on the background.

Frank Schauf
09-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Very nice shot. Great background, real nice perch, and great pose, and excellent comp, Glenn.

Shawn Zierman
09-06-2012, 11:34 AM
That is the sickest (meaning awesome) angle of view on this subject I've ever seen...just out of this world good, and creative
as well. The maple leaves frame the subject perfectly.

Martin Lord
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Very, very nice capture of a fast little bird. Great bird posture, nice HA. If it would my image, I would try to darken the leaves in bottom foreground so that the bird is not considerably darker than those leaves. I do not find he noise in the background bothering. Great image!

Karl Egressy
09-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Amazing picture, Glenn. I love the bird and the framing of it with leaves. My only nit has been that the leaves are too bright green, taking away some attention from the bird. Reducing the saturation in the green channel for the leaves only would do justice to this great looking Warbler species, IMO.