PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Box Image of the Week for the week ending June 8th, 2012: Nancy Bell - Dream Horse

Daniel Cadieux
09-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Congratulations Nancy!!!

First I used Topaz B&W Effects on the entire image using milk memories, where I experimented with all the sliders. Then I added 2 textures at various opacities and a couple of tweaks with curves. I erased the textures from the horse and kept his original blue eyes. Finally I used the blur tool on most of the horse, but not his face. I'll post the original in the next pane.

I was originally in the horse pasture sitting on the ground photographing a young colt with his mom. The mare called and this gelding came running out of nowhere. I spun around and just starting shooting away. I was surprised to see he was running straight towards me instead of the mare. When he got close enough I stood up and he veered away to the mare. They seemed to be a happy pair with the colt and eventually the gelding let me pet him. I think the gelding was ready to fight if I turned out to be a predator. It was very interesting to see the communication between these horses.

denise ippolito
09-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Awesome Nancy! Congrats!

Cheryl Slechta
09-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Congratulations, Nancy:S3: