PDA

View Full Version : Darn mosquitoes

Ignacio Yufera
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
A male Arctic Fox surrounded by the ever-present mosquitoes near Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, last July.

Canon 1D MkIV, Canon 800; 1/800, F/11, ISO 400

Ken Watkins
09-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Ignacio

The mosquitoes look unbelievably large, I hope you were well covered up.

The Fox itself is delightful, I might consider a little taking a little from the bottom.

Rachel Hollander
09-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Ignacio - great light, detail and sharpness on the fox. Those mosquitos are huge. I agree about some off the bottom, to above the pink flowers. Also there are a few dust spots on the right.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Ignacio, love those Canadian Mosquitoes :S3:. Nice light on the fox and I really like the out of focus blossoms in the foreground.

Marina Scarr
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Poor fox with all of those mosquitoes. Lovely portrait with a nice environmental feel. Loving those wildflowers in the FG. The mosquitoes tell a good story. I might try placing the fox just a tad more to the right of the frame.

Steve Kaluski
09-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi Ignacio, nice to see you back posting here again.

I like the idea that Marina suggested of the fox being positioned slightly more to the right, plus I think a little off the top too, would help. The FG brings a nice weight to the composition and although not a lover of the 'stone (?)' in the BKG the colour and shape seems to be reflected also in the FG, so it kind of balances for me. Having the purple/pink also adds to the sea of colour. If the bugs are anything like the ones in Alaska I can sympathise with the fox.

TFS
Steve

Ignacio Yufera
09-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Sympathise with me too, Steve! The "stone" in the BG is actually an earth mound, part of the fox's den.

Steve Kaluski
09-07-2012, 02:04 AM
The "stone" in the BG is actually an earth mound, part of the fox's den.

Hi Ignacio, thanks for the additional info.

Steve Canuel
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Handsome subject and a nice colorful FG. Gives a good sense of summer in the arctic for me.

Morkel Erasmus
09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Interesting POV here Ignacio (sorry for only getting to this image now)...love the flowers upfront for colour it adds to the overall image.
Those looks like huge mosquitos!
I would maybe slice some off the top - am fine with the fox's position in the frame?