PDA

View Full Version : Dry Red Phalarope

Ignacio Yufera
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
A beautiful female found on a puddle by a dirt road near Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, last July. Sadly, once she left those dry grasses behind she never offered a good head turn again.

Canon 1D MkIV, Canon 800 f/5.6; 1/1000, f/7.1, ISO 500

Miguel Palaviccini
09-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Ignacio - very nice capture! The detail in the feathers is outstanding, and the colors really help the image pop. It's a shame that part of her body is covered by the tall grasses. A bit too much for cloning. I would consider cloning out the strand of grass all the way on the left and the one that intersects the left leg. Otherwise, very nice!

gail bisson
09-04-2012, 07:44 PM
This is a lovely image.
What a great look at the legs and feet. Great low POV.
Excellent detail in the reds but the whites are hot and lack detail.
Agree with cloning out the stray grass in front of the feet and the blade coming out of LHS of frame.
Thanks for sharing,
Gail

Arthur Morris
09-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Wow, what a stunner. A stunning bird at the absolute height of breeding plumage and stunningly sharp. The grasses lrc are somewhat distracting. The o-o-f rock there was just bad luck....

Shawn Zierman
09-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Stunning bird...very well captured. Love the unusual setting.
I don't mind the grasses one bit. The oof rock in the lower
right hand side of the frame is the only weak spot in the image
imo. I wonder if toning it down ever so slightly would be worthwhile,
and maybe just cropping up a tiny bit from the bottom to further
diminish it's presence...What did the whites on the head register
number wise before you processed the image?

Ofer Levy
09-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Awesome image! Sharpness, detail and colours are great!

Dan Behm
09-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Excellent image, Nice to see this guy out of the water, the plumage and colors are terrific as is the detail!

christopher galeski
09-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Beautiful image of a beautiful bird,would try and clone out the out of focus rock bottom right.thanks.

Daniel Cadieux
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Love this, and I too am OK with the grasses at right. Colours, sharpness, pebbles...all good. The OOF rock, though, is unfortunate.