PDA

View Full Version : Keel-billed Toucan

Richard Unsworth
09-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Hi

Well here's another Toucan for your enjoyment.

I was looking for Red capped Manakins one day in my favourite garden when suddenly this big chap arrived in his gang.

Of course very much a canopy/enviro shot , but I did like the intense colors a lot.

I never did find the RCM. used curves to deepen, NR to BG, light burn to skylights.

7D 100-400 @400 F5.6 iso 800 1/160 tripod Ev +1/3:bugeyed:

note -once again the blacks have deepened on posting<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Satish Ranadive
09-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Magnificent image in habitat.Beautiful colors and nice details.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
09-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Richard,
Thanks for your kind permission.Here is the modified image,I would love to see it in 1024 size.

Satish.

Richard Unsworth
09-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Satish

Indeed I had thought about this crop; Ill have a look at reprocesing when I have time
thanks for offering this nice alternative
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ken Watkins
09-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Richard,
What a beautiful bird, I prefer the more open crop, although the OOF leaves over the tail are a bit of a nuisance.

You might like to have a look at pane 24 in the following thread

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/102178-Another-Shoebill?highlight=

for ideas as to how to remove it

Richard Unsworth
09-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Ken

I'll have a go - later lol. Interesting technique which I have never attempted.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Karl Egressy
09-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Amazing colours and details, Richard. The beak is striking.

Richard Unsworth
09-03-2012, 01:06 PM
OK so I tried to remove the tail obstructions using the method outlined via Ken's post

Comments?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Stu Bowie
09-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi Richard, I like how the Toucan is leaning out of the foliage. Strikings colours throughout this fellow, especially the bill, and great work on your repost with the tail.

Richard Unsworth
09-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Hey thanks Stuart

They certainly show well when you can catch 'em.

Ken Watkins
09-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Richard,

The disappearance of the OOF leaves has worked very well indeed, I think it would be nice to thank John Chardine here for providing the tip:cheers:

Richard Unsworth
09-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes Ken, indeed John's tip is an excellent one that opens up some new possibilities to remove those annoying bits and pieces.