PDA

View Full Version : Theme SemiPalmated Sandpiper

Sanjeevprakash
09-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Took this at JBWR East pond a few weeks back.There were a few semipalmated who were present among least sandpipers.This guy was the closest to me and I was able to get a decent shot of him.The muck was too much for me to have taken a low level shot.

D300s,300mm f 2.8 +TC14 , 1/2000s ,F/4 ,ISO-200 ,Manual Exp. Sharpened,Noise Reduction applied and this is about 80% of full frame.There was a small straw sticking out of the muck between the legs which was cloned out.

Thanks for Viewing.Comments & suggestions appreciated.

Karl Egressy
09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice picture, love the "hunting" pose. It looks like an adult.

Arthur Morris
09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Good Karl. It is a very warn, molting adult. I like the raised foot. Sharpest focus seem to be on the side of the bird and with the head turned slightly away, the face is less sharp than it should be. Getting right down in the muck would have pretty much eliminated all of the distracting stuff....

Stu Bowie
09-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Sanjeev, good feeding pose leaning forward, and with the raised foot. I agree, the focus looks on the wing, and Im surprised to couldnt get this sharper with such a high ss.

Daniel Cadieux
09-03-2012, 02:43 PM
What do you mean the muck was too much to get down and dirty??:bg3: Actually it would have made a world of a difference. The water is a little too cyan for my taste. Good exposure, pose.

Sanjeevprakash
09-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Thank you All.I think the reason for the focus to have shifted from the eye to the wings were probably due to the sudden movement of the bird forward which I had least expected as whilst about to click the shutter.I'll rework on the colors to reduce the cyans cast.