PDA

View Full Version : January Florida Beach Sunset

Hazel Grant
09-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Only Florida can give sunsets like this in January, I think. Most contrast done in camera as I waited for the right sun angle. Some color adjustments in PS and cropped to more of a pano. Cloned a couple of little things out.

Dave Mills
09-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi Hazel, I liked the lighting and silhouettes. Thought I would change things around a bit which I felt gave a better balanced and less busy comp.
I cropped from the top,bottom and left and added a bit to the rt. I also took out some merges. I did this quickly so it's not 100%...

denise ippolito
09-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Hazel, As presented I would crop a little off the left and add some to the right. I wouldn't crop from the top and bottom as it seems a bit tight in the frame. Gorgeous colors and nicely seen silhouette!

Judy Howle
09-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I love the orange-yellow of the sky and the silhouetted foreground. I second cropping some from the left and maybe a slice from the bottom but leave the sky alone!

Hazel Grant
09-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the comments. I see the point about the left crop. Thought I'd post the actual original so you'd see what I was working with. I think I like the coloring of the first post vs the very yellow.

Cheryl Slechta
09-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Hazel, the silhouette is so nice. I'd just crop from the left:S3:

Anita Bower
09-03-2012, 12:54 PM
A beautiful glowing sunset! Great color. Nicely done. I like Dave's crop.