PDA

View Full Version : Quintuple Skimmers and Beach Crowd

Arthur Morris
09-01-2012, 12:19 PM
This five-frame Multiple Exposure was created with the tripod-mounted Canon 90mm Tilt-shift lens and the EOS-5D Mark III. ISO 400. Evaluative metering at zero: 1/1000 sec. at f/5.6.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

To learn everything that I know about the 5DIII check out our User's Guide here (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=347). It includes AF Selection Mode details, Multiple Exposure and HDR settings, and tons more.

ps: Yikes: I almost forgot, you can still save $10 on the pre-publication version now and get the final at no additional charge.

Nancy Bell
09-01-2012, 03:50 PM
So, this is what you see when you have heat stroke :bg3:! The is quite cool on lots of levels. I like nature vs people, black & white vs explosion of colors, huge mass of both birds and people, the sand tying them together, the feel of activity and life goes on even if you have to share the beach! I like the repetitive visual design. And I really like those few vague umbrellas and flags the rise above the horizon. I presume those white signs are telling folks to stay away from the skimmer colony. This multiple exposure capability of the 5D Mark III is so cool.

Anita Bower
09-01-2012, 04:19 PM
This is a bit busy for my taste, but that is just me. I do like that you are experimenting with the multiple exposure feature. The is image make me dizzy. I wonder if it affects anyone else this way.

Cheryl Slechta
09-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi, Artie - I love it for all the reasons that Nancy mentioned, especially the b&w in opposition to the color part. The only thing I'd change is I'd crop the left edge slightly to eliminate that one straight line underneath the colored part in the sand and the cut off skimmer head on the edge about in the upper middle of the skimmers.:S3:

denise ippolito
09-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Very cool Artie, I like it a lot. I agree w/ Cheryl's crop suggestion. It reminds me of a parade for some reason :S3:

Arthur Morris
09-02-2012, 09:23 AM
So, this is what you see when you have heat stroke :bg3:! The is quite cool on lots of levels. I like nature vs people, black & white vs explosion of colors, huge mass of both birds and people, the sand tying them together, the feel of activity and life goes on even if you have to share the beach! I like the repetitive visual design. And I really like those few vague umbrellas and flags the rise above the horizon. I presume those white signs are telling folks to stay away from the skimmer colony. This multiple exposure capability of the 5D Mark III is so cool.

Thanks Nancy. These birds are actually on the open beach in front of the colony. For the first time they roped that area off but only to keep out the beach cleaning trucks. Still and improvement.

Arthur Morris
09-02-2012, 09:25 AM
This is a bit busy for my taste, but that is just me. I do like that you are experimenting with the multiple exposure feature. The is image make me dizzy. I wonder if it affects anyone else this way.

Not dizzy here and no headaches. :) But I do my 2012 taxes next week... Yikes! Thanks for your comment.

Andrew McLachlan
09-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Nice multiple exposure...it has a very interesting look to it. I might just have to try this multiple exposure thingy with some Bullfrogs next time I am up at the lake. Have fun with the taxes :S3: