09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Photographed in Valle de Cauca, Colombia

Canon 7D w/400 5.6

1/200
800 ISO

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Pitter/Birds/IMG_1901smetgrdr.jpg

Marina Scarr
09-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Stunning bird, Peter, with a lot of nice details and a good pose. It appears as though you have oversharpened your bird since the feathers are looking a bit "crispy." The habitat works but I am seeing quite a bit of noise in the background. I think if you did some noise reduction on your background, gave this just a little bit of a looser crop and reduced the sharpening a little you would have a nice image.

Richard Unsworth
09-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi Peter

what a great bird to get, not many good shots of these and this is up with with the best of them.

Agree with Marina re noise and sharpening , reprocess and it will be really good I think, perhaps a smidge tight to?

tfs
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Peter Dexter
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Thank you both. Those are helpful sugestions.

Karl Egressy
09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Striking bird, well captured Peter. I agree with Marina on the sharpening and noise issue whis is PP problem and can be corrected.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Very neat image with a great pose. I would agree that it looks a bit over-sharpened (throughout). I would consider going back and selectively sharpening the bird alone, although not as much.