PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly

Dave Leroy
08-31-2012, 09:05 PM
It might be a Skipper or a Copper, not sure.
5DIII, 100mm/2.8 macro at f/5.6, ISO400, 1/1000. HH and shot as a JPEG. Photo was cropped.

Dave Johnson
09-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Dave, I love the autumn feeling this has. Those warm brown tones in the BKG, perch and subject compliment each other so well. Light from the left has left the subject's underside in shadow but still shows good detail so not a problem for me. A great shot, thanks for sharing.

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2012, 04:34 AM
I too like the atmosphere in the shot, I think it is more likely a copper sp. You may want to consider taking a brush and selecting a background mid tone brown and setting the brush to about 30% and brush over the brightest/palest parts of the background, this would make it a little more homogeneous.

Marina Scarr
09-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Truly like the autumn feel to this one, and personally prefer the BG as is. The insect's body appears underexposed to me. I brought the exposure up in the body with Nik Viveza and really liked the results. I am enjoying the transparency of the close wing as well as the small leaves of the perch.

bhavya joshi
09-02-2012, 01:51 AM
I personally Love the Feels and Creativity in This image as comes Naturally.. No any kind of Negation for Me... TFS

Dave Leroy
09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. You gotta love it- Fall Tones in August, but that is the way it is.
I did do some work to open up the shaded part of butterfly in LR and CS and trying not to over do it. One day I will have a look at Nik products. They seem very popular and useful.
Jonathan I did do a bit of work toning down the perch.