PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Toucan

Richard Unsworth
08-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Here is a Chestnut mandibled Toucan again, hiding in plain site in the lower canopy.
You can see some of the small figs that he likes to eat! The jungle vine is massive!

I was walking along my favorite jungle path Nr to Finca Loco when he dropped by to say hi!

The BG is heavy jungle and I hope I did well with the light.:S3:
SS 1/100 tripod used, Ev +1.66, ISO 800 Manual focus point loc
100-400 @ 310 ON 7d

NR to bg, curves, S&H, smart sharp

Note the blacks are darkening on posting they are not clipped and have good detail here?<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Karl Egressy
08-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Excellent shot showing the habitat of this impressive looking bird. I only saw a couple of similar species in Equador.

Shawn Zierman
09-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Excellent composition, particularly the way in which the subject is framed by the
surroundings. Love those big leaves in the fg!
Wish the light had been more diffuse/overcast, in regards to the highlights reflecting off the
vegetation.

Melvin Grey
09-01-2012, 05:05 AM
'Very difficult to get clear views of these birds but you have captured it nicely framed, and giving a good indication of the natural dense forest habitat. Pity the blacks have clogged up in posting - you can still see that there is plenty of detail there.

Peter Dexter
09-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Very nice capture and I like your crop/composition with the bird off set above left ballanced by the large leafed plant (Aroid?) in the lower right