PDA

View Full Version : knerslachte plan-Southafrica

Valerio Tarone
04-21-2008, 02:51 PM
It'not aerial view just shot from the pass over. I like the image because commucates a sense of vastity of the sothafrican nature. 24 mmf2.8 in Nikon D70 minimum >saturation
C&C always welcome!

Roman Kurywczak
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Valerio,
This one doesn't do it for me. I feel that this doesn't have a center of interest. Even as an overall scene......we need a center of interest or it loses impact. You also have vignetting at the corners.........easily corrected.
Roman

Robert Amoruso
04-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Valerio,

I cropped the image and did a shadow recovery to accentuate the patterns on the ground better and lend it more visual interest. Having a large geographic element like a distant mountain or body of water would add the interest Roman speaks of.

Revised 4-22-08: I forgot to post the image recrop. Sorry about that.

Valerio Tarone
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes,I understand. It's not balanced and needs an anchor point. As matter of fact I saw a similar image in a book. Thanks to everybody.

Grady Weed
04-22-2008, 12:40 PM
If I may make a small suggestion Valerie. Next time you see a wide open sky with a vast expanse of wilderness, look for a unique cloud formation to focus on. Try to make it a larger part of the frame. The clouds here might have been more highlighted if you had tilted the camera lens up, with a small strip of land at the bottom. Maybe if had turned the lens more to the left or right as well.

Valerio Tarone
04-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi Grady
Yes thank you,I suppose you mean clouds and the rule of third. Unluckily there were no clouds for the three days there..