PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Reflections

Judy Howle
08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I made this Aug 28, we had a fabulous sunset with clouds from the outer bands of Isaac. As I was leaving the dock when it was fading, I saw this great reflection in the windows of the abandoned restaurant building. I used Topaz Adjust on the image and then Simplify and Ps Oil Paint in layers with a little masking and blurring of the artifacts in the sky and water. I bumped up the saturation a little more as I wanted it to be colorful.

Cheryl Slechta
08-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Judy, this might be my favorite image of this scene. It has the perfect amount of Simplify and PB. And I love the reflections:S3:

denise ippolito
08-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Judy, I love the swirls of color n the windows! Beautiful work Judy!

Judy Howle
08-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks Cheryl and Denise! It is one of the best I've made of the reflections in the windows.

Anita Bower
09-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Colorful it is, and wonderfully so! This image has great impact. The window reflections are the stars of the show. The repetition of windows to the right carries the theme further. Repetition of lines, shapes and colors unify the image. The contrast with the rounded shapes of the greenery stabilized the image, grounds it, so to speak. The reflection of sky in the water is a perfect touch. I wouldn't change anything.