PDA

View Full Version : Kelp Gull looking at fish

Tom Rambaut
08-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Same Gull from previous post - I wanted to take a shot with no sea horizon in it so got very low - camera almost on sand - and took this.

1D MK4, 70-300 @ 300, 1/2500 @ 8, 400ISO.

Thanks Tom

Only started to use this lens and for close work find it very sharp and easy to use - That said I do wish the focus ring could be locked in place when in auto focus and at any focus distance not just the 70mm. It is easy to knock the maunal focus when extending the reach or just holding the lens when you have big hands.

Karl Egressy
08-31-2012, 07:37 AM
N ice low angle shot, Tom. Great details in the white. I might apply one more round of sharpening to the head.

Michael Zajac
08-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Looks sharp and well exposed.

Daniel Cadieux
08-31-2012, 09:16 AM
I like this lots, and how the gull is eyeing the next piece of it's meal. Superb low angle, but I'm not fond of the OOF FG part at middle left. Good exposure, and I do find the blacks better here than in your previous image.

Miguel Palaviccini
08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Tom, I do like the angle of this one a little better than your last. But the timing of the last post was a bit better. I would agree with Daniel and crop just a bit off the bottom to get rid some of the OOF foreground.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Tom, I like such shots...super low angle gives that different snail's eye view perspective. nice soft details, exposure and bird orientation. Since the bird is looking down, if I mine, I'd have cropped a bit from the top.