PDA

View Full Version : Urban Peregrine

Ivan Ellison
08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
A typical dull grey day in Manchester city centre. I quite like this as an urban shot of a bird that most people don't even know lives in the city centre. The shot is full frame and was grabbed quickly as the bird flew over me having just finished a meal. Settings on the camera were all out and I have lightened the pic considerably. Ideas how to bring out the best please.
Manchester 9th March 2012
Canon 50D, 400 mm , 1/1250, f5.6, ISO 640.

Randy Stout
08-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Ivan:

I like the concept of showing him in the urban environment, always amazes me to see such a speed demon there.
From a comp standpoint, I would prefer him to be further right in the frame, more room to fly into.

If the noise will allow, I think the image could go a bit brighter still.

I would try rotating it a bit CW so the building verticals are in fact vertical.

Cheers

Randy

laurie golden
08-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Ivan,

The urban landscape is the perfect place for a peregrine. It is where I have seen them the most. I like yours flying in front of a building. I would crop this as a vertical - from the right. I like the angle on the building as it is so would not rotate it - always many opinions for everything. I would like some noise reduction on the background and sharpening on the bird. Don't know what your software is so can't say exactly what to do.

christopher galeski
08-31-2012, 03:04 AM
Ivan,I agree with Laurie's comments,have seen these Peregrine's in Manchester,and watched them on the internet,thanks.

Melvin Grey
09-01-2012, 06:13 AM
For a 'grab' shot this is excellent - just a pity you could not have caught the bird more to the right in the frame. The positioning of the building's elements behind the bird is perfect. With regard to Randy's comment about 'brightening the image', although I basically agree, he obviously has not been to Manchester on a dull day!!! A very nice 'different' image.