PDA

View Full Version : Aracari

Richard Unsworth
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Another Aracari from Puerto Viejo

ridiculously close, liked the cute pose

Usual NR , curves and added a bit of sat, dropped yellowS in BG, and burned couple of bright areas in BG.

bit undecided on crop; this about 60 % of landscape image :e3

7D 1/100S , 100-400, ISO 800, f7.1 TRIPOD<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Miguel Palaviccini
08-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi Richard, nice capture! The blacks seem to be clipped quite a bit and the bg could use a little more NR (or less sharpening?)

Karl Egressy
08-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Nice pose and eye contact, amazing closeness. The bright spots in the background are somewhat distracting. You might want to tone them down.

laurie golden
08-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Richard,

Beautiful bird and nice pose. I like the crop given the background is a bit busy - if you could tone it down a lot I think the bird would pop more.

Satish Ranadive
08-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello Richard,
Excellent portrait,beautiful colors,perfect sharpness for close-up pose and nice details.Agree with others about one more round of NR on BG.
I like the crop.

Regards,
Satish.

Richard Unsworth
08-31-2012, 04:47 AM
Hi all

thanks, good points!

repost lifted shadows to try to fix blacks
NR to BG :S3:
dropped BG contrast and more soft burn to bright spots

bye bye fro now

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Robert Holguin
08-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Real nice shot. I really like the head angle. excellent details, and I like the repost best.
Well done.

Richard Unsworth
08-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks Robert yes agrre repost is better :-)
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">