PDA

View Full Version : Common Darter - touchdown

Jonathan Ashton
08-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Tripod canon 7D Canon 100-400 L IS @400mm, ISO 800 -0.3 1/2500sec f8

In this image the dragonfly is just landing on the flower head.
All C&C welcome.

Carel v/d Sanden
08-31-2012, 12:57 AM
Lots of space to the dragonfly is very nice.
Beautiful colors that beautifully reflected in the plant and the dragonfly.
good BG
I would consider the two lower blades to remove.
well done

Dave Leroy
08-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Very nicely done. I really like the nice angle on dragonfly, bg and complimentary colours. I also wondered about the "extra" leaves at bottom. My quick conclusion would be to just remove the second from right which is also most oof.

Jonathan Ashton
08-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey guys you caught me out, I had processed several versions using differing camera profiles and using DPP vs ACR, then I forgot to remove those leaves, needless to say in the images I didn't post I did remove them!!

Marina Scarr
09-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I love the comp, colors and pose of this insect. Great perch. Correct me if I am wrong please, but are the body and wings of your insect sharper than the head? Not sure if it's an illusion offered by the "catchlight." Like all the details in the legs!

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I love the comp, colors and pose of this insect. Great perch. Correct me if I am wrong please, but are the body and wings of your insect sharper than the head? Not sure if it's an illusion offered by the "catchlight." Like all the details in the legs!
Could well be Marina, getting images thoroughly sharp in breezy conditions requires a good deal of luck as well as judgement:w3