PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper

Carel v/d Sanden
08-30-2012, 03:22 AM
A small green grasshopper, annoying critters are to take a picture.
they rarely sit still.
Full frame photo
It was a standing picture I've turned 90 degrees.
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/4
Av( Aperture Value ) 9.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
White Balance Mode Cloudy
AF Mode One-Shot AF
AF area select mode Manual selection

Dave Johnson
08-30-2012, 05:46 AM
I think this is a superb shot of these difficult to capture insects! I had zero luck when trying to photograph them a few weeks ago. Love the diagonal comp and background, also the detail in the subject. Well done.

Jonathan Ashton
08-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Excellent shot beautiful colours and fine detail. I like the composition and I personally do not mind the minor distractions i.e. the little splinter on the stalk in front of the 'hopper and the grass seed head bottom left, I think it helps maintain a credible natural appearance.

Bob Miller
08-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Carel.....Beautiful image with great clarity and clean bg. I am impressed that you used a 1/4 sec shutter speed because I know how hard it is to catch them at rest for any length of time

Carel v/d Sanden
08-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Hi Bob
I have 5 photos of make and then he was gone.
It was an animal that was not very fast, perhaps already on its way.
Normally this does not work with 1/4 sec

Dave Leroy
08-31-2012, 10:18 AM
I find them very hard to get close too and out in the open at same time. Very well done.

Arthur Morris
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
As presented, this would have been better had you gotten a bit higher so as to better parallel the subject. As a vertical capture, you would have had to move to your left a bit to do the same thing. Then just a little tighter crop. Love the color, the BKGR, and the sharpness.